What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are sent to the user’s PC, mobile phone and any other on-line access device whenever a user visits a certain website. Cookies allow information to be collected on the user’s browsing habits and can be used to recognise the user.
Why do we use them?
What types of cookies do we use?
We use session cookies and persistent cookies that may be either proprietary or third-party cookies.
• Session cookies are designed to recognise and store data while the user is accessing the website. They are normally used for storing information that is solely retained for providing user-requested services on a single occasion.
• Persistent cookies are a type of cookie that data continues to be stored in on the terminal and that may be accessed and processed for a definite period by the person responsible for the cookie, which may be from a few minutes to several years.
• Proprietary cookies are those that are sent to the user’s terminal, created or managed by the website manager
• Third-party cookies are those administrated by analysis service providers independently of Europe Maghreb Pipeline Limited.
|Type of Cookie||Third party||Purpose|
|Analysis cookies||Google Analytics
||Allow monitoring and analysis of the behaviour of users on websites. The information collected is used for measuring the site’s activity and for building user browsing profiles, aimed at bringing improvements to the service.More information
|Social content technique cookies for tracking purposes||Facebook
||These cookies allow the user to share content via social media networks (plug-in).More information|
|Customisation cookies||Are those that allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics that are predefined according to a series of criteria, such as the type of browser being used to access the service.More information|
|Advertising cookies||These cookies enable management of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the website publisher has included on a website from which the service requested is provided based on criteria such as the content published or the frequency with which the advertisements are shown.More information|
How can I block or allow cookies?
We recommend that you consult your browser’s help section where you will find information on the different options such as how to manage cookies.
Listed below are some links for managing cookies in the most widely used browsers:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=None
- Google Adsense: http://www.google.com/settings/ads?hl=es&sig=ACi0TCjoLqyW_hhn3-ErD841scqSQNdU4vQ8oS1WASJQdG7Jafa1Hz2XZu_WxImfVrlK3aOGW6V89mPO6VFsqqIX-BvOkUz8fg
The user must bear in mind that some cookies are necessary for certain features of the Europe Maghreb Pipeline Limited website to work correctly. If you decide to block certain cookies, this may affect, wholly or partially, the normal operation of the website.
Updates and changes in the cookies policy
Our Europe Maghreb Pipeline Limited website may amend this Cookies Policy according to new legislative or regulatory requirements or adapt this policy to instructions issued by the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
Whenever significant changes are made to the Cookies Policy, users will be informed via a notice on the website.